My first steps to winning at life as a millennial, has been the uber-move rule — at every point, an unattached millennial should be able to move in a single Uber ride.
The goal is to keep number of possessions small and decrease constraints. Benefits of the uber move rule:
- Freedom to move to new opportunities, like ability to accept job offers in other parts of the world
- Lower costs for acquiring possessions
- Lower moving costs: ~$5 in an uber vs. ~$40 in a u-haul with more possessions
- Ability to live in smaller apartments
- Minimalism in general, is your friend!